- Howard Farm is a forth generation run family farm in Idaho
- The cattle winters in the town of Hammett, Idaho and is then in the Southwest Mountains of Idaho during the summers. The reasons for the location changes are to find the optimal climate for the cattle for the respective time of the year. The cattle are finished on the very best grasses.
- The animals are not given any hormones or antibiotics.
Siskiyou County Farm, CA
- We're happy to offer meat from this Northern California farm. The owners have been running the small family farm for over 20 years in Siskiyou County Valley, not far from Mount Shasta.
- The cattle is all majority Angus and are kept on pasture all year round where they are 100% grass fed and grass finished. No hormones or antibiotics are used.
Humboldt Ranch, Northwestern CA
The family on this farm, not too far from Oregon, has been in the area for generations, active both in dairy and meat production. Their land consists of both valley land, where the cows are finished on nutritious grass from the rich soil, as well as more remote hill and pasture ground, where the herds live off the land without much intervention from (or even sometimes sight of) humans. Some areas are so remote that you have to drive cattle there with traditional methods, using horses and dogs instead of other more modern modes of transportation.
The cows are brought up and finished on grass only, sometimes supplemented by dried grass (hay). No hormones or antibiotics are used. Should an animal get sick and a vet has to be brought in who administers antibiotics for the animal to get well again, that animal will be sold as conventional meat and not be part of the cattle that is sold as premium, grass-fed, antibiotic and hormone-free meat.Buy beef from this farm